Tacoma is looking to get a Streetcar
The intent of Tacoma Streetcar is to:
- Reduce traffic and auto emissions
- Increase participation in public transit
- Encourage economic revitalization
- Encourage and increase tourism
- Provide a sense of historic preservation
The biggest debate is the price. The streetcar would cost about $15 million a mile.
If you would like to share your thoughts on the streetcar there will be a Tacoma City Council Meeting
When: 5 p.m. Tuesday
WHERE: City Hall, 747 Market St.