Saturday, March 17, 2012

The New Google Places



Just noticed today that Google Places got a complete makeover...finally!  Looking forward to checking it out but did notice the intro on the homepage

Get smarter recommendations.
Start by rating the places you know, good and bad. With each rating, we learn a bit more about your tastes, so you'll get better recommendations the next time you search.  
I am all about smarter recommendations but it makes me think about who to best give those recommendations.  Many times I will see on a site like Yelp that some restaurant has 5 stars which to me means absolutely nothing, I'm more interested in that 3.5 restaurant that all my friends have been visiting lately.  Though I feel no one has perfected the friend request yet, I look forward to giving Google Places a try, has to be better than Yelp.



Get Blog Updates By Email Add Me On Facebook - Twitter - Linkedin

No comments: