Saturday, December 09, 2006

Why I love Netflix and hate Blockbuster







I had a horrible experience today at Blockbuster that just made me realize how much I really love my Netflix. Matt and I watch a good 10 Movies a month via Netflix. It's quick, easy, and we don't have to deal with the drama of paying late fees or interacting with idiots.

Friday my friend wanted to do a movie night and watch "Shawn Of The Dead"
Neither of us had the movie so Matt and I decided we would just rent it at Blockbuster and take it over to our friends house. So we went to Blockbuster for the first time in a good 2 years. We had a few minutes to kill so we figured we would browse the new release wall. Apparently we also looked hella sketchy because as we walked around the new release wall, the Blockbuster people wouldn't leave us alone. We got asked a good 5 times if they could help us. It was weird because they didn't ask anyone else, it was almost like they thought we were going to steal something. They also tried to hard sell me on there online rental service.

That is definitely the last time I will ever walk into a movie rental store.

No comments: